✤ Who made the decision?
✤ What was the decision?
✤ When was it made?
✤ How it affected you?
✤ Why was it a good decision /Are you happy with the decision?
• We all have to take decisions from time to time.
• Some decisions may be small,such as what to wear or what to prepare for lunch.
• Some decisions can affect the whole life,such as choosing a college or university or choosing a life partner.
• Here,I would like to talk about a decision,which my maternal uncle and aunt made.
• They decided to move from a village to the city for the better education of their children.
• They made this decision few months ago,and they have never once regretted it.
• My uncle is an agriculturist,and it was very difficult for him initially.
• For getting good schooling,his children had to go by bus,which took two hours in the morning and two after school hours.
• It was very tiring for his children.
• He did not want to compromise with their education by teaching them in the village school.
• So,he decided to shift to the city and instead of his children travelling daily,he commuted to his village for his work.
• I think it was a good decision,because the early years of schooling are the base forming years of life.
• Now,his children are doing well in school,and are also good at many extra-curricular activities also.
• Sometimes for sports,they have to stay at school after school hours,which would have been impossible if they were staying in the village.
• My uncle could have seen his comfort,but he decided to put his family first and I think it was quit right.
• I admire my uncle for that.
• So,that was the decision my uncle made,which I think was good.
1. Should children make decisions on their own?
Yes,children should make decisions on their own.They have to be taught decision making and the repercussions of wrong and hasty
decisions.But,this should be done step by step.Parents should allow them to take small decisions and then slowly leave important things on them.
2. How should parents help their children make decisions?
Parents should allow them to take small decisions and then slowly leave important things on them.This way they can teach them to take decisions in small steps and children will learn better.
3. Do parents in your country take decisions for their children?
Yes,they do.They are very protective of their children and want to take every small and big decision for them.But,nowadays,children do not like such interference and sometimes rebel against their parents.
4. Do you think it is advisable listening to others advice when making decisions?
It is advisable to listen to others advice,but the final decision should be on ones own.When we listen to someones advice,we learn to look at things from another perspective and then can take better decisions.