✤ Where it is?
✤ When you go there?
✤ What you can do there?
✤ Why few people know about it/why few people go there?
• There are many interesting places in and around my hometown,where many people go to,like parks,malls,sports centres,etc.
• Here I would like to talk about an interesting place,which is not so popular.
• Not many people visit this place.
• It is a farm stay at about an hour’s drive from my hometown.
• It is called Farmer’s villa.
• It is in one of the villages that falls on the national highway 44,on the way from Phagwara to Amritsar.
• It offers all the modern facilities and comforts for the tourists/visitors.
• At the same time it offers an opportunity to experience the Punjabi culture.
• They offer Cooking classes for traditional Punjabi dishes.
• The farms there are organic and no chemicals are used.
• They offer walks around the village and also rides on tractors in farms.
• It is not very well known because not many people from the cities around this village know about it.
• Mostly foreign tourists stay at this farm stay to experience the Punjabi culture.
• I haven’t yet visited this place but I plan to go there with my family soon and stay there for a couple of days.
• I’ve heard that it is very quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
• I think it would be a very nice weekend getaway for my family and me.
• We can all spend quality time with each other there and also get in touch with our roots and culture.
1.What kinds of tourist sites are popular in your country?
There are different kinds of tourist sites popular in my country.Some are popular because of their historic or architectural importance,some for their natural beauty,some for their traditions and culture,some for their arts and crafts and some for religious importance.The diversity india had to offer in terms of culture and terrain attracts many foreign tourists every year.
2.What can governments do to prevent pollution in tourist sites?
Governments can do a lot to prevent pollution at tourist places.There should be proper waster disposal facilities,there should be strict rules and heavy fines for spoiling and littering the tourist places.The government can promote e-tourism.The use of vehicles can be minimised or even can be banned in some areas to reduce the vehicular pollution.
3.What are the advantages of visiting less known places?
There are many advantages of visiting less known places.It is less noisy and less crowded.It gives us an opportunity to experience the local unadulterated culture.There is less pollution,because of not many visitors.
4.What are the disadvantages when there are too many tourists in one site?
There are many disadvantages of too many tourists at a site.It is crowded,noisy and has more pollution.The culture in such places is diluted to accommodate tourists from all over the world,like there may be more restaurants and food outlets offering international foods rather than local food.