✤ What is it
✤ Where is it
✤ When you go there
✤ And how you feel about it
• Every city needs some leisure places and facilities,like cinemas, theatre,parks,sports centres, etc.
• Here I would like to talk about a leisure facility that I would like to have in my hometown.
• It is a theatre for plays and other cultural events.
• I belong to Phagwara, which is a small city known for its spare parts industries.
• There are many modern facilities in my hometown,but I feel that arts and cultural events have taken a backseat due to the modernisation.
• I have been to the Tagore theatre in Chandigarh,where many plays,dance events and other cultural events are organised.
• I once saw a dance competition there.
• It was for promoting the traditional dances of India and many students from local schools participated in it.
• They performed dances from all over India,like Bharatnatyam,Odisi, Kathak,Bhangra and many more such forms of dances.
• I was very impressed with the performances and felt proud of our diversity and culture.
• I think such a facility would greatly benefit the young generation.
• Technology had taken over our lives and we are forgetting our roots.
• Just a facility will not only be a pace of leisure but also keep us connected with our roots and will make the hidden talent come out.
• Many talented children and youngsters will get an opportunity to showcase their talent.
• I hope to see such a leisure facility in my hometown in the near future.
1. Do people change the way of entertainment as they grow older?
Yes,I think so.As we grow older,our interests may change or new interests may develop.For instance,as children we may enjoy animation movies,but as we grow older we may like other genres of movies.Similarly,the kind of music we listen to,the books we read,sports and dames we play,also change as we grow older.
2. What do young people do for fun?
Young people like to do many thinks for fun.Some youngsters like to listen to music,some like to dance,play sports, party, sing,hang out with friends,play games on consoles or their cellphones,travel and many other such things.
3.Do you think entertainment methods will be home based in the future?/strong>
Yes,there will be many more home based entertainment methods in the future.This has already started happening, and with the rapid advancement in technology and I think this will continue in the future.People don’t feel the need to socialise and go out because all they need for entertainment is available at home,like televisions,gaming consoles, home theatres,etc.
4. What kinds of leisure facilities are popular in your country?
Leisure facilities like sports centres,clubs,theatres,cinemas,shopping malls with multiplexes and food courts,etc are popular in my country.
5. Do you think it’s important to take sometime off work or study and do some leisure activity?
Yes,it’s very important to take some time off from our work or studies.We are leading increasingly hectic lives and to remain productive we need to take time off and re-energise and rejuvenate ourselves.We all need to take breaks to de-stress and release our tensions.