✤ What the service was?
✤ When and where you received the service?
✤ Whom were you with?
✤ And explain why you think it was a good service?
• I’m going to talk about the service we received in a restaurant where a friend of mine celebrated his birthday last Saturday evening.
• My friend had decided to book a table in a local Italian restaurant for the party.
• It was a small,family-run place,but this made it feel all the more welcoming and inviting.
• The atmosphere was great and the service was excellent.
• As I mentioned,I went to the restaurant because a friend had invited me to celebrate his birthday there.
• There were about ten of us there-mostly people I’ve known since university – and it was really nice to catch up with them and chat about what we had all been up to since we last got together.
• The service was good because the restaurant staff and owners really made us feel at home.
• From the moment we walked in,the waiters were polite, approachable and attentive; nothing was too much to ask.
• They brought out a cake with candles and sang ‘Happy Birthday’ to my friend,although we hadn’t asked them to do this,and the restaurant owners kept checking whether we were happy with everything,which was thoughtful of them.
• All in all, the delicious food, good company and friendly service made it an unforgettable evening.
1. What jobs require staff to get in touch with many people?
There are many jobs which require their staff to be in touch with people,such as the jobs of salesmen,some jobs related to go field work,jobs in banks and malls,teaching jobs and so on.
2. What qualities does the staff need? Why?
The staff needs good communication skills.They need to be polite all the time,and also have a lot of patience.They need to have good knowledge of what they are selling/offering.
3. What’s the difference between services in big shops and small shops?
In big shops,things are displayed,and you can pick up what you need,but in small shops,the salesmen guide and personally show you what you ask for.They even guide you about the products.The return policies of big shops are better than those of smaller shops.Big shops offer more variety of products,whereas small shops have less variety.
4. What should people do when they get bad service?
People should complain if they get bad service.They can complain to the store manager or the company of which they have got the product.
5. Why do some people not know what service is good?
Some people do not know what service is good,because they have not compared it with the other stores or the other brands.Sometimes it is also because people are not aware of the concept of customer service.