✤ Who he/she was /they were?
✤ When it happened?
✤ What you did for the occasion and the visitor
✤ Explain how you felt about it
• One special guest I remember came to our home years back.
• He was a famous writer and came to our home on occasion of my older sister’s marriage ceremony.
• The marriage ceremony was a big program and almost 200 people attended the ceremony.
• We had to prepare for the program for about a week before the due date.
• A marriage ceremony is a big arrangement and my parents were very busy as well as sad that my sister would be leaving our house after her marriage.
• This was a big event and there were lots of things to be done.
• I had been so busy and had to greet and serve so many guests The bridegroom and their relatives arrived and we got even busier.
• They introduced the guests to us and one of them was that writer I helped him sitting in a comfortable couch.
• I got busy with other stuffs.
• I had a short conversation with him and I told him that I have read some of his books and those were good stories.
• My feelings on occasion of my sister’s marriage was a mixture of happiness and sadness.
• I was happy that she was getting married as well as sad that she would not be with us the way she had always been.
• Meeting a famous person and having a conversation with him/ her is always exciting and I felt the same.
• I wish I had more times to talk to him as that would have let me talk more on his writings and books.
Follow Up questions
1. Do you often invite friends to visit your home?
Yes,I like to invite friends to visit my home.Sometimes we have get-togethers at home and sometimes when we have to study or make a project,I invite my friends over.
2. Do you like visitors coming to your home?
Yes,I like visitors coming to my home.Its good to have relatives and friends come over and we can spend quality time with each other.
3. Do people often visit you at your home?
Yes,people visit me at home quite often.We have an extended family system that we follow and a lot of my relatives live in the same city.Also,sometimes my friends and neighbors also visit us at home.
4. How often do visitors come to your home?
Visitors come to my home very often,in fact twice or thrice a week.
5. When do visitors come to your home?
When someone has to visit,they usually call ahead and come.There are no specific times when people visit us at home.
6. Do you prefer to have friends visit you,or relatives?
I like having both my friends and relatives visit me.These days everyone is busy on their routines and so,when anyone visits me,it’s a good way to spend quality time with them.
7. What do you usually do together with your visitors?
When we have visitors over,we usually sit and chat,discuss the day’s happenings or any social or national issues.Sometimes we share jokes and have a good laugh and all this happens usually over of a cup of tea or coffee and some snacks.Sometimes we also have visitors over for lunch or dinner.
8. When someone visits you,how do you usually show hospitality(or,entertain them)?
Hospitality towards visitors is in our culture.In India,guests are treated like God.We show our hospitality by making them feel comfortable and offering them drinks and snacks or food,depending on the time of the day.