✤ What it was
✤ Where you saw or heard about it
✤ What it was about
✤ Why you wanted to buy it
• Advertisements are ubiquitous nowadays.
• I have seen many ads in my life but the ad I am going to talk about here is of Nokia Lumia.
• I saw this ad on Star News Channel about 3-4 years ago.
• Dipika Padukon was the brand ambassador for this phone.
• In this ad,it was described how she used this phone’s various features throughout the day and it made her life easier.
• I was very impressed by this ad and the way they advertised the phone’s features.
• After seeing this ad on TV,I decided to buy that phone.
• I decided to buy it because it’s a very attractive and beautiful phone and had many new features and applications.
• I got to know about all the features from the advertisement.
• I had saved enough money to be able to afford that phone.
• It had a fully touch screen interface.
• It was silver in color.
• It had a 12-megapixel camera.
• It was 3G enabled.
• It had a QWERTY keypad.
• It had many other applications such as video player,MP3 player.
• It also had the latest mobile games.
• It had a calculator alarm,timer,FM radio, calendar and Internet facility.
• I used that phone and didn’t face any issues with it for almost three years.
• It was only last year that I changed my phone and bought a new one.
• I was able to get a good price on that old phone,because it was in a good working condition.
1.How do businesses promote their products?
Businesses use various methods to promote their products.They use different kinds of marketing strategies,like different ways of advertising.They also decide on these strategies according to their target consumers.Advertising on the internet and social media has become very popular.
2.Can you compare different kinds of advertising methods?
There are various forms of advertising we see around us.There is the use of print media for ads in magazines,newspapers and on leaflets.There are also ads on hoardings,on public transport,like buses,taxis,etc.E-media is another media for adverts.There are many ads on TV,radio and the internet.All these methods of advertising have their advantages.However,it depends on the money the manufacturer spends on advertising,the target market and consumers and the product being advertised.
3.What kinds of advertisements are there in your country?
There are many kinds of ads in my country.There are ads on the TV,radio,newspapers,magazines,social networking sites, websites, on buses, taxis, hoardings, etc.There are ads for spreading awareness about social issues.
4.How did the advertising industry develop in your country?
The advertising industry has developed over the last few years,because of the development in technology.With the TV media and the internet becoming pervasive,businesses have understood the value of advertising through these media.
5.Do you trust advertisements?
Yes,I trust advertisements.But I only buy products that I need and which are of good quality.I do not blindly trust the ads.