✤ Who is the person?
✤ What is his/her achievement?
✤ Why do you admire him?
• I think,sports play an integral/important part in our lives and every person has a sportsperson in their life whom they admire either secretly or openly.
• Today I would like to talk about a sportsperson who has been a constant source of inspiration to me and the millions of other people in our country.
• His name is Virat Kohli and he is a cricketer.
• He plays as a right handed batsman.
• He is just 29 years old and also one of the youngest Captains of Indian Cricket team.
• He leads the Indian cricket team in all the three formats of the game i.e.One Day Internationals,Test Cricket and Twenty Twenty matches.
• He is also ranked as one of the world’s most famous athlete by the Forbes Magazine.
• One of his greatest achievements was leading Indian Under 19 team to victory in World cup tournament.
• He Debuted(note the pronunciation- debued)for India when he was only 19 years of age and since then he has never looked back and broken a lot of records.
• Currently he has the second highest number of International centuries in the game,just behind the legendary Sachin Tendulkar.
• From a personality perspective,he is an aggressive player with a winning attitude and strong commitment towards the game.
• One thing that a lot of people don’t know about Kohli is that he lost his father while playing a test match for his state team but he still continued to bat and only after he had saved his team from losing,he went for the cremation of his father.
• Apart from sports,Virat Kohli also does a lot of charity through his foundation which works for better education and healthcare of underprivileged children.
• Recently he was in the news for his marriage to famous Bollywood Actress Anushka Sharma.
• They got married in Italy and it was one of the biggest weddings of year 2017.
• I wish that he will win the world cup for India in 2019 and lead India to number one spot in all formats of the game.
1. Do teenagers like exercising in your country?
Yes,in my country teenagers love to exercise,many of them go for jogging in parks near to their homes and some of them also join gymnasiums and sports club for exercising because it helps them in staying fit and healthy
2. Do you think physical education is necessary? Why?
Yes,physical education is necessary because it helps us in staying fit and healthy.It also teaches us a lot about different sports and nutrition.With the help of physical education,we can learn the right way of doing exercise so that we do not injure ourselves during exercising.
3. How do you think physical education classes affect children’s development?
Physical education classes help children in learning about their bodies and how to stay healthy.These classes also make them aware about healthy diets which promotes growth among them.
4. What kind of exercises do Indian people like?
Well,Indians love to do all kinds of exercises,but I believe Yoga is the most popular exercise in India as it originated from here.Some people also like running,bicycling,swimming and other sports exercises as well.Going to the gymnasium has also become a fashion among the youth of our country as they like to build strong muscles.