✤ When did you see them
✤ Where did you see them
✤ Who you were with
✤ Why people were smiling
• A smile can brighten our day and lighten any situation.
• In today’s fast paced life we are forgetting the importance of smiling.
• Today I will talk about a situation when I saw many people smiling.
• It was when I was travelling with my cousin to Chandigarh on a bus It was around a month ago.
• There were around 50 passengers in the bus and of all age groups.
• People were doing different activities- some were talking to each other,a few were reading,children were busy playing games on the mobile phones and some were sleeping.
• After about half an hour into the journey,a passenger sitting in the middle of the bus started talking on the phone.
• He had a very loud voice and I could hear him even though I was sitting in one of the front seats.
• I couldn’t help hearing his conversation because of his loud voice.Apparently he was talking to his wife.
• From his conversation it seemed that he had forgotten their wedding anniversary.
• He was apologizing profusely to his wife and was saying that he was ready to buy her anything she wished for.
• That conversation lasted for more than 10 minutes,before his wife finally accepted his apology.
• After the call ended,the person heaved a sigh of relief.
• My cousin and I exchanged a few smiles during that conversation.
• And I happened to turn around and saw that everyone in the bus was smiling.
• Everyone in the bus had overheard his conversation and had enjoyed it.
• Even the person talking on the phone looked relieved and was smiling.
• Thinking about that journey still brings a smile to my face.
• I think that we should smile more often,like when we greet someone or thank someone.
• It can make someone’s day.
1. Why do people smile?
People smile because of many reasons.Some people smile to express feelings of happiness,gratitude,affection,etc.Starting our day with a smile help brighten our day and other people’s day too.Sometimes people smile to lighten a tense situation and sometimes its because they remember a happy event or something funny.
2. When do people smile?
People usually smile when greeting others,when thanking others, while remembering happy moments, when enjoying with family or friends,when they receive good service, and many other such situations.
3. What’s the difference between a fake smile and a true smile?
I think we can make out the difference between a fake and a genuine smile by the facial expressions,especially the eyes.When a person is genuinely smiling,even his/her eyes seem to be smiling.
4. Why do people smile when they take photos?
People smile when they take photos because smiles bring a charm to our face and make the photos more memorable and beautiful.Photos are reminders of memorable events and smiling faces bring back happy memories.
5. Who smiles more, men or women?
I think smiles have nothing to do with the gender.People smile due to different reasons.
6. Do you think people should control their moods?
Yes,I think people should control their bad moods,as it can have a negative effect on the other people around them.It can spoil someone else’s day.