✤ Where it is?
✤ What kind of music is performed there?
✤ What type of people go there?
✤ Why people go there?
✤ Explain your impressions of this place
• Nowadays because of technology,we don’t need to go to any special place to listen music.
• Music is all around us – on TV, on radio and on the internet.
• I also don’t go to any place specially to listen music.
• But, yes,I do enjoy music which is played in restaurants and shopping malls and cafes whenever I go there.
• Here,I would like to talk about a place where most people go to hear religious music.
• It is a famous Harsidhdha Mataji Temple ,of my home town.
• Every evening,a famous devotional singing group of my home town performs there from 7 to 8 pm.
• People of my home town as well as from neighbouring villages come there every evening to listen to the religious hymns and chants.
• It is dedicated to the Jyantibhai Maharaj.
• My parents go there every evening.
• Once or twice a week I also accompany them.
• Believe me ma’m/sir their music is mesmerizing.
• When I listen their devotional songs,I feel very relaxed.
• I feel lighter;I feel as I have got rid of all my stress and tensions.
• Bhai Devinder shah is such a good singer that his music touches the heart.
• People also get to enjoy tea from the community kitchen there.
• There is a pond outside which has fish and children love feeding the fish over there.
• There are benches all around the pond for people to sit.
• Some elderly people who cannot go inside sit on these benches and enjoy the sound of the religious music coming from inside.
• My friends have also started going there and they too enjoy it.
1. Should children learn to play musical instrument?
Yes definitely.The most important advantage of music in primary classes is that music trains the brain for higher forms of thinking.
2. Should parents force them to listen music?
No,there should be no forcing.If forced,children will not enjoy music.Parents can create an atmosphere that children are themselves drawn towards music.
3. Is music education important in your country?
I firmly believe that music is a more potent instrument than any other for education and it is even more important than other subjects in the early years of life.Music uses both sides of the brain as a result of which the child’s brain develops academically,emotionally,physically and spiritually.
4. Some people say music is like math.Do you agree?
I don’t know that but I have read that music increases the cognitive skills of a child.Most research shows that when children are trained in music at a young age,they tend to improve in their math skills.
5. What effects does technology have on music?
Technology has had a lot of impact on music.It has had both positive and negative effects.On the positive side this has allowed for artists to quickly spread word about their work and get their music out to a global audience with ease due to websites such as Youtube,Spotify,Sound Cloud,Band Camp and other such music streaming websites.
On the negative side this has almost disvalued music as an art,because now even if an artist spends thousands of their own dollars and time to produce an album,he will make little to nothing because such files can be downloaded and shared for free.So,artists have to find other ways to make a living.
6. What are the advantages of learning music?
Importance of music in the primary classes
1) The most important advantage of music in primary classes is that music trains the brain for higher forms of thinking.It was seen in a research that second graders who were given music lessons scored 27% higher in math than children who received no music lessons.This means that children who learn music in schools are better problem-solvers and are better at analysis and overall critical thinking.Because studying or playing music uses the same part of the brain that is used in mathematical thinking,music education can help promote better math students.
2) Exposing children to music in the early and primary years increases listening and concentration skills also.
3) Music is an art form.We are emotional beings and every child requires an artistic outlet.
4) Music may be the child’s vehicle of expression.Music helps the child to open up and improve his communication skills.It helps him to express his ideas and thoughts in a better manner.
5) Young children can experience camaraderie and teamwork by participating in music activities done in groups.Involvement in a music group,chorus or band gives the young child a sense of importance and belonging.
6) Music education can open doors for children who can later adopt it as a hobby or even profession in later years.