✤ What is the rule
✤ Do you agree with that
✤ What would happen if students break the rule
• Rules and laws are made to create a peaceful and harmonious society.
• If we all obey the rules and laws then we would all be benefited.
• There are rules everywhere.
• Schools are the first place where children learn about the rules and codes of conduct.
• Every school has rules,like wearing the prescribed uniform,coming in time,doing homework regularly and so on.
• My school also had rules.
• We had two uniforms.
• It was navy blue skirt and white shirt on Mondays,Tuesdays,Thursdays and Fridays.
• However,on Wednesdays and Saturdays,we had a totally white uniform.
• All students and I agreed with this rule.
• Uniform creates an atmosphere of discipline.
• Everybody feels connected because of the uniform.
• If students broke this rule,and didn’t come in uniform,they were punished.
• Our principal used to make such students stand outside on one leg for half an hour.
• Sometimes there was a fine of Rs 100/- also.
• Even if a tie,belt or badge was missing we had to pay the fine.
• So,this was the rule in school,we all had to follow.
1. Should schools have rules?
Yes,schools should definitely have rules because rules help us in learning the difference between right and wrong.If there are no rules then everyone will do anything that they feel is right and this might create a lot of disturbance.As an example if students will not follow the rule of coming to school on time then it will become really difficult to manage the schedule of the classes.
2. Should schools decide how the working hours should be?
I think this a topic which is often debated.I believe it should be the joint responsibility of the schools and children welfare and development department of the government to decide the number of school hours because we should not burden the students with education and at the same time a minimum number of hours is also vital for their learning.
3. What kinds of rules do Indian families have?
It is an interesting question,normally the rules vary from family to family but if we have to generalize then most of the parents are strict about the fact that children should complete their homework every day.They also want their kids should not go outside late in night because they are concerned for their safety.
4. Do you think strict rules are needed in schools?
I don’t think schools should be a place where strict rules should be followed.Rules should be meant to teach children about discipline and other virtues.Having stricter rules might be detrimental to this cause and it could make children more rebellious instead.
5. Should students be involved in rule making?
Yes students should definitely be involved in rule making because it will make them feel more responsible and hence there will be less chances of them breaking the rules.