✤ What you did?
✤ When did you do it?
✤ Why did that achievement make you proud?
• Whenever anyone achieves anything,he or she is very proud of it.
• What may be a simple thing for one person may be an achievement for another.
• For me overcoming my glossophobia was a very difficult thing.
• I used to be very stage shy and could never speak in front of an audience.
• It so happened that once I participated in an environment fair held in my hometown.
• We were a team of four students – Neel,Deep,Jiyan and I.
• We had to make a model on pollution.
• It was very difficult to collect ideas for the model,but our teacher,MrsPromilla helped us.
• We collected all data from different sources like the internet,library,magazines and so on.
• We presented all three types of pollution – air, water and noise pollution – on thermocol.
• In this project we showed the causes,effects and ways to control pollution.
• We had to speak turn wise on our model.
• I remember I was very afraid to speak.
• But my other friends gave me the confidence.I felt very good that I was part of that team.
• I spoke very well that time.
• Getting over my glossophobia was an accomplishment for me.
• I felt very good after that.
• We won the first prize in this competition.
• The judges specially mentioned that the first prize was mainly because of the verbal explanation of the model.
• This fair was covered by the local cable TV and so many people of the neighbourhood congratulated me the next day.
• Our photograph was also there in the local newspaper Jag Baani.
• Our school principal also appreciated us.
• I cannot forget that day.
• All four of us were on cloud nine on that day.
• So,this was an achievement I was proud of.
1. How to measure a person’s success?
It is very difficult to measure success.Success is a very subjective term.Different people give different meaning to success.For some
earning a lot of money means success.For others,leading a life in which they can help others,means success.For a student, passing the exams with flying colours,means success.So measuring success is not easy.
2. Do you think the way people gain success has changed?
Yes,definitely,the way people gain success has changed.Earlier,people did a lot of hard work and success was limited to a small area.Only politicians and film stars and sportsmen who were in the news or national TV were successful over a wider area.But,nowadays,because of the reality shows,any person with some talent can become successful overnight.People can get worldwide success through the Internet,through YouTube and other such networks.Today,people know of Indian successful businessmen,all over the world,because the world has shrunk.
3. How do you define success?
It is very difficult to define success.Success is a very subjective term.Different people give different meaning to success.For some earning a lot of money means success.For others,leading a life in which they can help others,means success.For a student,passing the exams with flying colours,means success.So defining success is not easy.
4. How to reward successful people?
We can reward successful people by acknowledging their work.Some awards can be given.Some monetary benefits can be given.Sometimes giving promotions is a good way to reward successful people.
5. What’s the most difficult thing you have ever done?
I am very stage shy.I remember,in the annual science fair of my school,I had to speak on a model,which I had prepared.The model was on different types of pollution.I found it very difficult,but somehow I managed it.That was the most difficult thing I did.
6. What qualities does a person need to have,to be successful?
The person should be hard working.He should have good communication skills.He should have the courage to take calculated risks.He should have a helping and caring nature.
7. Do you feel terrible when you fail to do something?
I feel terrible,but only for a short period of time.Then,I try to learn from my failure and work even harder to succeed the next time.
8. Is failure a necessary thing in people’s life?
Yes,it is.Without knowing failure,we can never enjoy success.Without knowing about the night,we can never enjoy the day.Without unhappiness,we can never enjoy happiness.The freedom we are enjoying today is also because we have been under the British rule for a long time.
9. Is it important for young people to have some achievement?
I think it is an interesting question,having achievement at a young age certainly helps in gaining confidence and teaches us the importance of hard work.
10. If someone failed once.Should he try for the next time?
My answer to this question would be a definite yes because failures in life help us realize the importance of success.Also there are countless examples of the same in the past,like,Thomas invented failed 10,000 times before eventually inventing the light bulb.Had he given up we will still be living in the world full of candles.
11. Is it good to set goals in life?
It is actually very important to set goals in life because without goals it is very difficult to stay motivated in your life.Moreover if there are no goals in life then people don’t find any purpose in life and they remain distracted forever.
12. How can an employer motivate his employees?
There are lots of ways using which employers can motivate their staff.They can create awards and incentives for employees who give their best performance.Moreover they can motivate them by appreciating their employees on their work.