✤ Where is the company
✤ What does it do
✤ How do you know about it
• I know of many workplaces in and around my home town such as industries,banks and educational institutes.
• Here I am going to talk about a work place,which is in my hometown and employs a lot of people.
• It is the Sitaba Cotton and Textile Mills.
• It is on the Vijapur Road.
• This mill was established in 1946.
• The chairman of the company is Mr M.M.Patel.
• My uncle works in their HR department of this Mill.
• He tells me a lot about the Mill.
• Many people,nearly around 30,000,work in this Mill and they are proud to be part of this Mill.
• The employer employee relation is very good.
• They provide many facilities to their employees.
• They provide housing at very low cost to their employees.
• Their housing colony is called Patel Colony.
• They also provide healthcare facilities for their employees.
• They have a school where the children of their workers can study free of cost.
• This school is affiliated to the Ash School Education Board.
• The employees live in a world of their own inside the Patel Colony.
• There is 24 hours power supply.
• They give bonuses and perks to their employees from time to time.
• The Mill manufactures cotton fabric.
• Even big names like Raymonds and Siyaram buy fabric from here and sell it under their own tag.
• They have even started manufacturing organic cotton.
• They also export their cloth.
• Recently they started their readymade garment section in which they have mass production of Men’s shirts under the brand name of Tyrock.
• So,this is the workplace where many people work.
1. Is it easy to find a job in India?
No,definitely not easy.India is a diverse country and has a population of more than 120 crores.Obviously,there is a lot of competition in getting jobs.
2. What should the government do if there is unemployment?
The government should encourage self-employment and also set up cottage industries, so that more and more people can be employed. MNCs should also be encouraged,so that the problem of unemployment can be mitigated.
3.Is high salary important?
Yes,a high salary is very important.Money is of course the most important motivation to work.But sometimes,it is OK to get a job one loves, even if the salary is a bit less.
4. Is it ok to do a job you like with a low salary?
If I have to choose a job with a slightly high salary,but I don’t like it,then I wouldn’t do it and choose the job of my liking.However, if the difference in pay is very high,then I would go for that job even if I don’t like it much.
5. Are there many big companies in your country?
Yes,there are.India is a fast developing country.There are many Indian companies,which are very big such as Tata, Mahindra,Godrej,Reliance,Onida and so on.There are also many multinational giants which have opened branches in India,such as Samsung,LG,Maruti Suzuki,Hyundai and so on.
6. How can a small company grow big?
Small companies can do so in many ways.They can work hard,employ skilled workers,focus on quality and employ good marketing strategies.
7. Should big companies donate more to charities?
Yes, they should. I believe that anyone who has enough should help the needy on humanitarian grounds.Many big companies help the NGOs and NPOs.This is a win win situation for both.When they get publicity for their charity work,they are getting advertisement for free.
8. Should big companies be punished more seriously if they break the law?
No,they should not.Law should be the same for all – big as well as small companies.Usually,big companies have big connections.So,they try to get away with their wrong doings.This also should not happen.Punishment should be equally serious for all law offenders.