✤ what is the event?
✤ whom do you celebrate it with?
✤ why do you like to celebrate it?
• I like to attend many events such as weddings and festivals.
• Here I would like to talk about our national festival Diwali,which I celebrate every year with my family and friends.
• The whole month before Diwali,we are busy in the cleaning of our home.
• We buy gifts to give to our friends and relatives.
• We also buy crackers to burn on that day.But this year we said a big no to crackers,because of the rising pollution.
• On the actual day of diwali,we all family members go to the gurdwara to pay obeisance to the almighty and seek his blessings.
• After that we go to some friends and relatives homes to present them the gifts we have bought for them.
• Then we come home and decorate our home with candles and divas.
• This time my father also got some electric lights fitted in our home.
• My mother cooks special dishes for us and we enjoy dinner.
• We also turn on all the lights of our house and leave all the doors open because it is believed that Goddess Laxmi visits the homes on that day.
• After that we go to our terrace and fire the crackers,which we didn’t do this year.
• We just looked around and saw the crackers fired by others.
• We could see our neighbors were firing crackers.
• I felt very good as I enjoyed all that very much.
• You know mam/Sir,Diwali holds a special significance for us.
• It is celebrated because on this day Lord Rama returned from Ayodhya after 14 years of exile.
• It is also celebrated because the sixth Guru,Guru Hargobindji was set free from Gwalior Jail with 52 kings.
• On this day,the arrogant tyrant Bali was killed by lord Vishnu.
• So this is a traditional celebration,which all Indians celebrate with great pomp and show.
1. Do you like to plan for an important meeting or activity?
Yes,I think it is good to plan for an important meeting because without planning a meeting can go in any direction and people can get deviated from actual goals of the meeting,whereas if it is planned then people will be able to make the meeting constructive and useful.
2. Who is the most important person in your life?
My parents are the most important people in my life because they have worked really hard so that I could receive a good upbringing.Whatever I have achieved in my life is because of my parents.
3. In your country,do you think good appearance is necessary while finding a job?
I think it is a universal rule.In all the countries employers expect people to be looking good when applying for jobs or during the job interviews as it shows your professionalism towards the job.
4. What is the most important thing for being a teenager?
I think the most important thing for teenagers nowadays is to focus on their goals in life because of the ever growing instense competition.If they do so,they will be successful in their later life.
5. What events to Indians like to celebrate?
In our country people like to celebrate all kinds of events like religious festivals or national holidays such as Independence Day or republic day.Some of the most important events in our country are Diwali,Id etcetera.