✤ Which water body is that?
✤ How do you know about it?
✤ Why does it impress you so much?
• India is country which is known for its scenic beauty of nature.
• One can see rivers,beaches,lakes,waterfalls,springs.
• There are not only the source of beauty also fulfills the need of water for irrigation.
• Some rivers are also known for their historical importance.
• Both types of lakes are there in our country natural and man-made.
• Today I would like to talk about a lake where I visited several times with my family and friends.
• It is sukhna lake in the capital of Punjab Chandigarh.
• It is situated at the footprints of Shivalik hills.
• It is an important part of Chandigarh which adds its beauty.
• My uncle lives there.
• When I visit my uncle for the first time my cousin and I visited that lake I was really impressed by the beauty of that lake large number of people enjoyed the beauty.
• There was also an arrangement for boating.
• Me and my cousin enjoyed boating and we also took some photographs there.
• One side of the lake is the beautiful city Chandigarh and another side bunch of trees and one can also watch the beauty of Shivalik hills from there.
• There was also an arrangement for breakfast,dinners,and lunch.
• A number of shops are situated on the edge of the lake.
• I enjoyed a cup of coffee.
• It was a pollution free area and one can get relief from stressful life by visiting there.
1. Do people like that river in your country?
Yes,of course they do.It is treated as a Goddess.People put the ashes of their dead kith and kin based on the belief that this will give the departed souls a place in heavens.
2. Do you like any activities in water?
Yes,I like boating.Once I went to Sukhna Lake and did boating over there.I just loved it.
3. Is it necessary for everyone to learn swimming?
Yes,I believe everyone should know swimming.People in coastal areas especially need to know it.It is a good exercise and enjoyable too.
4. Do people in your country go to swim in their free time?
Yes,many people do,especially in summers.I come from a small town and there are 4 swimming pools there,which shows that people like swimming.