✤ Name and where he/she resides
✤ What has he/she done
✤ How you were impressed by him/her
• My own parents are the best parents in this world.
• Both my mother and father are very good but if I have to talk on a good parent not my own then I would choose my friend Krisha’s mother.
• I know her very well because she is my best friend’s mother.
• Her name is Sangitaben.
• She is 56 years old.
• She is not very tall but very beautiful.
• Her hair has started graying but she doesn’t colour or dye her hair.
• She believes in the three Gs – go grey gracefully.
• She generally wears traditional Punjabi suits.
• Actually,they are our neighbours.
• Sapna tells me she has done a lot for her.
• She told me how she sat beside her for the whole night when she had fever.
• She does everything she can to make her family’s life comfortable.
• She has excellent culinary skills.
• I have also learnt a lot of kitchen work from her because I go to their house very often.
• I am impressed by her because she treats Sapna like a friend.
• Sapna discusses everything with her and like a friend she listens nicely.
• Even I can share all my secrets with her.She is very friendly with me also.
• I always feel that a good parent should be friendly but firm.
• She knows very well when to be strict and when to give room to her children.
• That is why I can say that she is a good parent.
• She always keeps an eye on Sapna’s friends circle even when she appears to be busy.
• All people in our neighbourhood respect and adore her.
• She is very soft-spoken and I have never heard her speak harsh words to anyone.
• She has a good sense of humour.
• She can lighten up any tense situation by cracking some jokes.
• Sapna tells me that normally she makes her do some household chores but whenever it is exam time then she never disturbs Sapna.
• She is the best parent one can have.
1. If you were a parent and busy in your work,would you take care of your children or hire a babysitter?
I would try to take care myself,but if not possible,I would go for a babysitter.If I had the choice,I would give up work for some time to give quality care to my children.
2. Do you think it is fair to let mothers take care of the children all the time?
Of course not.Both parents are responsible for bringing the child into the world,and I believe it should be a joint responsibility to care for the child.
3. Some teenagers don’t like to be controlled by their parents.What do you think?
I think today’s children want freedom,so they rebel when parents are too strict.I think parents should know when to be strict and when to be friendly with their child.Parenting is a very daunting task.
4. What are the drawbacks,if children are looked after by their grandparents?
Grandparents can be over doting and spoil the grandchildren by fulfilling every fair and unfair demand of their grandchild.Secondly,sometimes grandparents are not in the best of their health.In such cases they cannot impart quality care.
5. In your country who takes care of children?
In my country,mostly the mother and grandparents care for the child.
6. Do you think you will be a good parent?
Of course,if I ever decide to have a child,I would put my heart and soul into good parenting.