✤ What was the occasion?
✤ Where you went?
✤ Who did you celebrate with?
• Well special days are very important in everyone’s life and in our country people spend a lot on their special days like birthdays,marriages etcetera
• If on such occasion one doesn’t have to spend a lot of money,then it will make the day extra special.
• I would like to talk about one such special day when I organised a birthday party for my friends at a newly opened restaurant in our town.
• It was my 20th birthday and all of my friends were asking me for a treat.
• Since we had tried all the major restaurants in our town,I thought of taking them to a new place.
• I saw an advertisement in the newspaper about a new theme based restaurant that had opened in our city.
• The name of the restaurant was Big Chill Café and it was based on a musical theme.
• I quickly called the café and made a reservation for 8 people.
• They told me that per person cost would be around 1000 Rs and I gave them the confirmation.
• We reached there around 8 PM in the evening.
• As soon as we entered the café we were astonished/amazed by the interiors of the café.
• The walls were decorated with huge poster of famous singers.
• The furniture was very trendy and the restaurant had beautiful lighting.
• In the background famous rock songs were being played.
• There were also lot of musical instruments like guitar and drums lying in one corner of the restaurant.
• They had reserved a huge table in the centre for us.
• We quickly ordered some snacks which were also named after famous songs.
• The starters were really delicious and we had a great time enjoying the snacks along with the music.
• After that we ordered some food and surprisingly the waiters also brought a surprise birthday cake which was ordered by my friends.
• But the biggest surprise came when I asked for the bill and it was only Rs 100 instead of Rs 8000.
• First of all I thought it was a mistake but when we called the hotel manager they told us that we were their 100th customer so they decided to give us a discount.
• I felt really overjoyed on hearing this and when I told my parents about it,they were also very happy
• So it was a special birthday on which I gave a grand party to my friends but still I didn’t have to spend a lot of money.
1. Do teenagers spend much more money than before?
Yes,teenagers spend a lot more money than before because the average income of families have grown as compared to the past.Moreover since there are nuclear families nowadays so parents like to fulfill the wishes of their children and in order to make them happy they give them more pocket money to spend.
2. How can people save money as much as possible?
Well,there are lot of ways to save money nowadays.People can invest their money in small savings scheme floated by the government.They can also keep a certain amount of money from their incomes every month and save it for later.
3. Did you ever have bad shopping experience?
Fortunately I never had a bad shopping experience but a friend of mine was duped by a car salesman who sold him a used car instead of a new one.My friend discovered this after a week when he took his car for washing and discovered used plastic bottles under the seats of the car.He then complained to the car company and got a new car after one month.
4. Why is online shopping so popular these days?
Online shopping is popular these days because it provides lot of convenience and better pricing to the customers.People can order anything while sitting in the comfort of their homes,moreover they get a lot of discounts when they shop online compared to brick and mortar stores.
5. Do you think you can buy something from a physical store without money?
Well it’s a very interesting question and recently I heard about a technology called amazon go in which you can just walk into a store, pick the items that you need and just take it away in your bag and money will be automatically deducted from your account.I saw a video of this technology on youtube and I think it will become a lot popular in the future.