✤ What was the wish
✤ When you wanted to achieve
✤ Why you couldn’t achieve
• Everyone sets goals in his or her life.
• Some are short term goals and some are long term goals.
• Here, I would like to talk about a goal I took a very long time to achieve.
• Actually I was very fat.
• I wanted to lose around 10 kg weight.
• I wanted to do it by exercise and not by restricting my diet.
• I joined a gym and started exercise regularly.
• But,I took my normal meals and didn’t put any control on the munching and nibbling in between.
• By the end of one month,I had not lost even half a kg,but my clothes started fitting better.
• My instructor at the gym told me that I was losing fat but putting on muscle.
• That it why it was inch loss and not weight loss.
• I was not at all happy with my progress.
• Then I thought of following a diet chart.
• My gym instructor made a diet chart, which was so difficult and timed that I gave up after 2 days.
• One of my gym mate was losing weight very fast.
• I asked him what he was doing to lose weight.
• He told me that he didn’t do any dieting,but he watched what he ate and when he ate.
• He had reduced artificial sugars altogether.
• He ate fruit, which has natural sugar, but didn’t take any sugar in tea or coffee.
• He had also changed his dinner time. Earlier he had dinner after 9 pm, but now he has it before 7.
• I followed his advice and started losing weight.
• It took a long time, but finally I managed to get my dream figure in about 8 months.
• Now, early dinner and one hour of gym has become part of my life.
• I feel fitter and more energetic than before.
1. Do you think Goals play an important role in a life?
Yes goals are very important for people.These are necessary for people because if they are not ambitious they would not work hard.Young people should be ambitious and set goals for themselves.Then they should work hard to achieve those goals.Lack of ambition may make them lazy.
2. Too much ambitiousness leads to disaster what you think about that?
That is also true.We must know where to draw the line between ambitiousness and over-ambitiousness.When we try to harm the others to attain our goals then it is bad.When we use unfair means to attain our goals even then it is bad. An over ambitious mother may neglect her family and children to reach the top in her career which may prove very harmful in the long run.
4. What should be good measures to encourage young generation to follow and set their goals?
Many measures can be there.First,the older ones can lead by example.Children are good apes.They follow what they see.Secondly,they can be given examples of those who have reached great heights by setting goals and achieving them.
5. Which skills are helpful to pursue our goals?
Hard work, determination, courage to accept failure and start all over again are required to be a winner ultimately.